Outdoor Education South Africa
Our Social Responsibility
Our children are taught the values of compassion and respect through each of the outreach initiatives that we support.
- Bizweni Centre: Our Grade 6 children visit the centre each week. They develop deep and meaningful relationships with the children, whilst learning lifelong qualities of acceptance, compassion and empathy.
- Siphila Sonke: We support the Christmas Shoebox project run by Siphila Sonke, which provides a personalised Christmas gift to our socially disadvantaged children.
- iPhepha: We support the organization iPhepha, by donating pre-loved and new stationery that is distributed to children in need.
- Elgin Round Table: We collect blankets and old clothing which is allocated to those in our community who are disadvantaged.
- ACVV: Our school family donate babies clothing, nappies and non-perishable items for abandoned babies and abused mothers in our
- Ad hoc: In times of natural disasters our school community comes together to support our fire fighters and volunteers.
- Avenger Readers: Our children are encouraged to be avid readers. Every term the Avenger Readers visit neighbouring farm schools to donate books and share their love of books and reading with the children.